Thursday, May 21, 2015
Sr. Stella Holisz began the sixth day our gathering with a poetic prayer to the Holy Spirit at 09:00 a.m.
Sr. Josephine D’Souza addressed the Central Assembly members on the importance of formation. Formation is a call to transformation—transformation to holiness. Formation is a requirement throughout religious life.
Poverty: only treasure is the kingdom of God.
Chastity: seeking only one heart, that of Christ
Obedience: carrying out the will of God for the salvation of the world.
Sr. Adelheid Scheloske presented the works of the Historical Commission. Much work has been done with the Archives—especially in light of the history project.
Five booklets have been written or are in the process of being completed:
- Pallottine Missionary Sisters Name and S.A.C. Abbreviation
- Pallottine Missionary Sisters Foundation Date
- History of the Pallottine Missionary Sisters—Chronological Tables
- Pallottine Missionary Sisters in Cameroon: 1892-1916
- Critical English edition of a history from the beginning to 1909, which was written by Sr. Salesia Wellman in the 1950s.
Sr. Stella Holisz gave a report regarding finances.
Union of Catholic Apostolate
Sr. Bożena represents the Congregation on the General Coordinating Council. Highlights in the U.A.C.: Promoting Year of the Family, the Youth Congress in Brazil this June, and Protecting our Children.
The day ended with all of us celebrating at a nearby restaurant near the Basilica of St. Peter’s.
Photos by Sr. Gail Borgmeyer