Sunday, 17th of May
This afternoon Sr. Izabela introduced the new President for the Union of Catholic Apostolate: Donatella Accerbi. She is the first lay person to been elected.
She has been involved with the Pallottines since the 1970’s and is imbued with the spirit of St. Vincent. She continues to be a member of the Fifth Dimension (Quinta Dimensione).
Reflection: Ephesians 4: 1-6 Unity of the Spirit
Here are key points from her talk.
- Before we were created, we were called to be Pallottines.
- Desire is so fundamental and if we do not desire unity, it will not happen.
- The structures will change because they are only instruments to make Christ visible. What does not change is the charism of St. Vincent Pallotti: ONE. This is my most urgent and demanding quest and thirst—to be in communion as the title of our family says. It is not a very easy task.
- In particular, women, are called to rediscover and announce with our own life the face of God—a merciful face.
- This is a process that must be developed in terms of cooperation. I hope that everyone has the desire to be together and the vision that God gave to Vincent Pallotti.
- Our formation as Union is formed and is centered around four pillars: Spiritual, Intellectual, Communitarian, Apostolic.