With the theme “May my life speak the joy and beauty of the Gospel,” the 2015 Central Assembly began the evening of May 15 at 8:00 p.m. The highlight was the introduction of each Sister participating and an overview of the weeks ahead. Sisters participating are:
Sr. Gail Borgmeyer, Sr. Liberata Niyongira, Sr. Stella Holisz, Sr. Grażyna Wojnowska, Sr. Mirosława Włodarczyk, Sr.Izabela Świerad, Fr. Geno Sylva, Sr. Margaret Gongora.
Fr. Geno Sylva, Sr. Margaret Gongora, Sr. Mary McNulty, Sr. Patrice Wales, Sr. Beata Matuszewska, Sr. Annamarie Niehsen, Sr. Maria Landsberger, Sr. Josephina D’Souza, Sr. Bożena Olszewska, Sr. Inacinha Fernandes.
- Sr. Izabela Świerad, Superior General
- Sr. Maria Landsberger, Vice General
- Sr. Josephina D’Souza, General Councilor
- Sr. Stella Holisz, General Councilor/Translator
- Sr. Bożena Olszewska, General Councilor
- Sr. Beata Matuszewska, General Secretary/Translator
- Sr. Helga Weidemann, Provincial (Germany)
- Sr. Annemarie Niehsen, Provincial (South Africa)
- Sr. Gail Borgmeyer, Provincial (U.S.A.)
- Sr. Margaret Gongora, Vice Provincial (Belize)
- Sr. Mirosława Włodarczyk, Provincial (Poland)
- Sr. Mary McNulty, Provincial (England/Tanzania)
- Sr. Inacinha Fernandes, Provincial, (India)
- Sr. Grażyna Wojnowska, Delegature Superior, (Cameroon)
- Sr. Liberata Niyongira, Region Superior, (Rwanda, Congo)
- Sr. Patrice Wales, Secretary
- Sr. Adelheid Scheloske, Translator/Archivist
An explanation of these meetings can be rather difficult. Each country and circumstance is very different. While some of us are struggling with growing pains others struggle with endings. Together we inspire each other toward greater faith, hope, love and joy. We are reminded that we are never alone in pain or happiness.
In our recitation of the Pentecost Sequence, we place ourselves into the love of the Holy Spirit: You, of comforters the best; You, the soul’s most welcome guest . . . In our labor, rest most sweet; Grateful coolness in the heat . . .Heal our wounds, our strength renew; On our dryness pour your dew . . Give the virtue’s sure reward; Give them your salvation, Lord; Give them joys that never end.”
Text & photos by Sr. Gail Borgmeyer