September 22 was a day of joy and thanksgiving for the Sisters and the whole St. Joseph’s Home Community in Cape Town, South Africa, where they celebrated 80 years of dedicated service to chronically ill children. Sr. Maria Landsberger, vicar general and Sr. Clementia Burkhard, former pallottine missionary to South Africa represented the General and German Provincial Administration and are sharing their experience:
“After the breakfast in the community in Pinelands, we Sisters drove with three cars to the St. Joseph’s Home at Montana. We were welcomed by community superior Sr. Priscilla Rego and other sisters who were not on duty. Then, director Thea Patterson guided us, together with a group of about 30 other guests, through the renewed and extended buildings of the facility. We were impressed by the beautiful, bright rooms for the children and staff. Everything is very practically arranged with much space. The children can move around on a beautiful playground outside, provided with play equipment. It was heart-warming to play a bit and hug some of these vulnerable children.
On the occasion of the Year of Consecrated Life more than 4,000 young consecrated people came to Rome and attended the First World Meeting of Consecrated Youth, which was held under the slogan "Wake up the World – Gospel, Prophecy, Hope".
From 15th to 19th September the streets and squares of Rome were filled with young people devoted to God who walked in the footsteps of the first Christians, seeking to strengthen their faith and their choice of life. They represented more than 90 countries around the world. Among the religious youth the members of our Pallottine family of three congregations were also present. Our Congregation was represented by sr. Santa from Brazil, sr. Christine from India, sr. Paulina from Poland and sr. Ester from Belize.
In August, our Delegature in Cameroon dedicated to John Paul II, experienced several events related to its development, activities and existence on the mission in Cameroon. The saying that extremely fit to our situation at that time is:”in a short time, we lived a lot”.
First, the arrival of our Superior General Sr. Izabela Świerad and her General Councillor Sr. Josephina Anna D'Souza, who had their canonical visitation, from 28th July to 10th August. The Sisters visited all five communities of our Sisters scattered throughout Cameroon, they took part in our everyday life, joys and hardships of missionary life, devoting a lot of time for personal interviews with thirteen Sisters who are the members of the Delegature. They also met with the Bishops of the Diocese and the Priests of the Parishes in which our Sisters work. Another important event was the arrival of the Provincial Superior from Poland Sr. Mirosława Włodarczyk on 10th August 2015. This was the first visit of our Provincial both in the Delegature and on African soil.
▪ An outstanding event for the Pallottine Family was the III. General Congress of the UAC in Brazil, São Paulo, in the Center Mariapolis Ginetta, from July 14 to 19. Its theme was: Jesus, a joy ever new, to be shared. On behalf of the General Administration: Superior General, Sr. Izabela Świerad, Vicar General, Sr. Maria Landsberger and Councilor, Sr. Bożena Olszewska participated in it, together with Sr. Jolanta Krasińska from Rome/Moncenisio. There were also Sr. Anna Ozon, president of the Polish NCC some of our sisters from Brazil. It was a refreshing and challenging event for the 153 participants from 18 countries. The joy to experience our international spiritual family was united with the call to set out, for mission towards youth, the family, migrants, each one being “a little piece of Pallotti” in the world today (Donatella Acerbi). After the Congress, our Sisters were warmly welcomed for few days in the Provincial House of the Pallottine Sisters in São Paulo where they were privileged to share in the celebration of the golden jubilee of profession of superior general Sr. Ivete Garlet CSAC and some other Roman Sisters. They also spend there two days with our Sisters from Maranhão: Sr. Maria Avani and Sr. Iêda Siqueira.
General Congress - from the President’s Talk
Dear friends! A short time ago we finished celebrating the Third General Congress of the Union in Sao Paolo in Brazil (14-18 July, 2015). It was a special time of grace, during which we experienced the joy of sharing the living freshness of our Founder’s charism. Through the faces, stories, testimonies, reflections, conversations and celebrations of those who participated, the Lord became present and impelled us more and more to live in and for the love of Christ. All of you, members and collaborators of the Union, were present in the communion of prayer and love which bridges every distance of time and space. Therefore, it seems good to share with you the main points of my opening talk.
- First Profession of First Cameroonian Sisters
- Final Profession of Sr. Astrid Meinert, SAC - Germany
- III International Congress of the Union of the Catholic Apostolate in Brazil
- The General Congress of the Union - Brazil 2015
- 25 Years in Tanzania - June 1990-2015
- ENCYCLICAL LETTER LAUDATO SI’ OF THE HOLY FATHER FRANCIS
- Central Assembly 2015 - Rome
- Central Assembly 2015 - Rome
- Central Assembly 2015 - May 15
- Our Pallottine Pentecost
- Central Assembly 2015 - May 16
- Central Assembly 2015 - May 17
- Central Assembly 2015 - May 18
- Central Assembly 2015 - May 19
- Central Assembly 2015 - Message on the Pentecost
- General Audience: Parents' vocation to educate children
- Central Assembly 2015 - May 23
- Central Assembly 2015 - May 20
- Central Assembly 2015 - May 22
- Before Tomorrow
- Central Assembly 2015 - May 21
- Union of the Catholic Apostolate - Rome